The Weekly Juan #10: "Cheap, High Quality Fonts in Squeak"

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Apr 27 06:53:12 UTC 2007

>Hi Folks,
>
>The Weekly Juan #10 is out at http://www.jvuletich.org/issues/Issue0010.htm .
>
>I managed to get antialiased subpixel rendered fonts in Squeak without modifying any plugin, just with a 13kb change set.
>
>Hope you like it. Any comment is welcome.

Yay, Juan.  You GO, guy!

You might be able to avoid the step of manually marking up your text-editor rendering by putting each character on a separate line, followed by , eg, "|" to identify the widths.

Really nice hack -- a great example of malleable software (and a clever mind) at work.

Ciao
	- Dan