[ANN] Kernel Image - independent MinimalMorphic and better granularity

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 28 19:17:58 UTC 2007

I tried all four images on my Mac, with varying results.  The VMs that
I tried were 3.8.14Beta3U and 3.8.15Beta1U, and I got the same results
with both of them.

I started up KernelImage and KernelImageMC and they both started up
and gave me a promt.  I did not test them further.  I tried
MinimalMorphic, and the image started up but never displayed anything.
 I couldn't do anything to make it display.  I tried EToys and if I
make sure that the SqueakV39.sources file is *missing* then it starts
up with an error message that it can't find SqueakV39.sources, but
then runs the image *without* refreshing the window.  I can open
browser, etc and then move them around to get the entire window
painted, but until I do that, it is just black.  However, if I leave
the SqueakV39.sources file in the directory, it behaves like the
MinimalMorphic image, i.e. it never displays any window at all.

Has anybody else with a Mac had better luck?  Which VM did you use?

-Ralph