Any reason for assigning block parameter in inject:into:

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:57:04 UTC 2007

>From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: Re: Any reason for assigning block parameter in inject:into:
>Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:30:25 -0400
>
>+1
>
>I wouldn't expect assigning to a variable to affect the sending  method. I
>think of method arguments as temps. Which they are, in  Squeak at least. I
>actually don't see a compelling reason to disallow  assigning to method
>args, except for stylistic ones.

I should probably mention that I am not stating an opinion against the
ability to assign to the variables.  If it makes sense and doesn't hurt
anything then ok.

I'm simply against adding a feature to support some broken technique that we
shouldn't be using anyway.  If there are other motivations, then I have no
issue with it.