[Newbies] Display artifacts in comments/desc.

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:11:06 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 7:12 pm, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> El 4/30/07 10:22 AM, "subbukk" <subbukk at gmail.com> escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see some artifacts (like []) displayed in comments and descriptions in
> > Squeak (3.7-7 vm on Linux, 3.8 image and SqueakV39.sources). I suspect
> > the '\r' line terminator in the *.sources file could be causing it.
> >
> > Is this a bug?
> >
> > TIA .. Subbu
>
> I think what could be eliminated if you do Smalltalk removeAllLineFeeds.
I did this and it reported 44806 methods were stripped of LFs, but I see two
[] glyphs instead of it. The method seems to replace CR with CRLF which makes
it worse.

Strangely,
'hello
world' displayAt: 100 at 100.

shows up correctly as two line text. So why does the [] appear the browser?

Regards .. Subbu