[ANN] FreeType Plus release

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:57:08 UTC 2007

On 30/04/07, Andrew Tween <amtween at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Do you see any new fonts when you set, for example, the List font from the
> World, Appearance, System fonts... menu?

Speaking of which, I do see more fonts but not all those I have
installed. I didn't check but probably the plugin doesn't look in all
paths, or it only detects TTF fonts and not Type 1 or OpenType ones ?

I'm on Mac and the plugin does work most of the time, I get very nice
font display, except I think when the changed BitBlt is needed (with
colored fonts probably) and the text morph becomes a big red rectangle
:)

Also the contents of the menu are not always the same, not in the same
order, or paginated differently (in the appearance > system fonts
menus).

Finally the point sizes are not consistent with the ones in Cocoa
apps. An 8pt font in Squeak looks like its 10pt version in Cocoa.

--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org