proposed agreement with the Software Freedom Conservancy

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 08:05:26 UTC 2007

Hi Craig -

Sounds interesting. One question: The draft agreement refers to "Free
Software" in paragraph 2a which is later used to specify that "The
Conservancy will only intervene in the program activities to the extent
the Project is not in compliance with Paragraph 2(a) or Paragraph 5 of
this Agreement". Do you know if the Software Freedom Conservancy is okay
with Squeak-L as "Free Software" (which is not OSI Open Source(tm)
compliant) or whether that makes it dependent on a license change? In
particular, would it mean that if the SqF supports activities that use
Squeak-L it would trigger the above clause?

Just curious,
   - Andreas