About pushBack:

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 16:04:31 UTC 2007

Damien Cassou wrote:
>> If you were to structure a stream library along these lines I think
>> you'll find that most of the uses for traits would go away because
>> besides the core protocol (which would appear in class Stream) there is
>> actually very little duplication of responsibilities in there.
>
> I do not agree. We will see what I can do and will discuss about this
> later if you want. But, yes it's possible to avoid duplication,
> writing all the methods in the Stream class.

I understand that you can't possibly consider writing such a library
without using traits ;-) But to be blunt, since traits are a form of MI,
all the same methods of designing orthogonal systems apply that have for
the last thirty years, and I'm pretty sure it's not only possible but
actually (just as always with SI vs. MI) easier to understand.

Cheers,
   - Andreas