[SqueakSource] SSFilesystem woes

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Fri Aug 3 17:53:41 UTC 2007

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Interesting. Where can I find information about platforms, pricings etc?
See http://seaside.gemstone.com/docs/Announcement-StS2007.pdf for the
Smalltalk Solutions 2007 announcement. The summary is that GemStone/S
64-bit Web Edition will be available in Q3 (by the end of September).
The Web Edition is free--even for commercial applications--and is the
full commercial version, but with certain limitations, including the
following: it will only use one machine (all VMs must be on the same
host as the database), it will only use 1 GB for the shared page cache,
it will only allow up to 4 GB for the database size, and it will only
use one CPU. Overall, this should run a decent-sized SqueakSource
repository without much trouble. If you are on Windows, you can use the
free VMware Server to host a Linux OS.

We will be presenting more this at ESUG. Will we see you there?

James