News Team Report - July 2007

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 14:29:03 UTC 2007

> Well another month has come and gone and we posted a total of 4 articles.
>
> That's pretty bad.  There is just not enough time.  We could use some
> volunteers!!

I'm happy to help, both in writing small news items and monitoring the
submissions in-box. Where do I sign up?

> By the way does anyone really read these reports?  Are they useful?

I find them very useful, not least in reminding me that there are
things happening that aren't always visible on the list.

Just the presence of regular reports from the various teams is
valuable in itself: it gives the message that there's thought being
put into the organisation of work, discipline and effort in delivering
it, and a real interest in how the community benefits from it. I also
like the fact that each report generally reminds the reader of the
remit of that team, which helps new subscribers understand who's doing
what and why.

Cheers,
Michael