which files to add to a Windows Squeak to make it run on Mac? Linux?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Aug 5 04:29:49 UTC 2007

Hello Michael,

MvdG> For Linux, you'll want  "squeak" (which is the executable
MvdG> binary containing the VM), "vm-display-X11" and "vm-sound-null"

thanks for the detailed information.

MvdG> plug-ins at the least. If you want to use sound, also include
MvdG> "vm-sound-OSS". If you want to run headless, also include
MvdG> "vm-display-null".

As it's a 1G stick size is not a matter. So I'll include everything.

MvdG> Also note that USB disks in my experience are quite slow.

I use a 3.6 full image. It has everything and is smaller than a 3.9.
On a contemporary computer startup is about 5 seconds first start.

12 seconds on this 600MHZ P3 with USB 1.1. Small price to pay for
"having it all around me" without carrying my laptop.

Regarding your other mail, I prefer being able to whip up some code if
the necessity arises. BTW starting with a black screen and some warning
is not the best after you just convinced someone that you won't change
anything on his precious computer :-)

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net