sending text messages in and out of squeak from another application

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Aug 6 17:28:32 UTC 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Lawson English wrote:

> Thanks for the pointers to the examples. Unfortunately, none of
> them seem to work. They all return either a message that the
> Accessor cannot access the system. I'm no doubt missing something.

You should first confirm your copy of Squeak 3.8.18beta1U.app
Resources folder contains UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
In checking the copy of the on my ftp site does contain that.

If I do

  UnixOSProcessAccessor basicNew primGetSession

I get back magic bits.

Also check   SmalltalkImage current listLoadedModules  which shows
for me

'UnixOSProcessPlugin 11 October 2006 (e)'

I believe I just loaded OSProcess (4.3) on SqueakMap

===