Package Universes and Squeakmap

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Aug 7 12:25:21 UTC 2007

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> > It does not, but it should, if we need that kind of dependency now.
> >
> > -Lex
> >
> Implementation that makes use of "provides" is in verision of
> universes in http://www.squeaksource.com/Installer Also support for
> monticello configurations is included.

First, that's cool that you looked at the problem.  Did you modify
UGlobalInstaller, or did you make a replacement for it, or what?

Second, doesn't that mean the above version is incompatible with the
standard universes toolkit?  This means it is problematic to have that
version, if it is, in the development universe.  Packages in the same
universe should work nicely with each other.

-Lex