[ANN] Taming Fills

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:07:45 UTC 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 6:49 am, Jerome Peace wrote:
> Can you draw me a picture of what your handles look
> like?
Attached. The handles show a circular fill from orange to blue. The two arms
are fixed at right angles always (like a T-square).

The origin can be picked and dropped. Shift click on origin to get a color
picker and a color panel. Pick and drop the color on any handle to change the
origin/second color.

The outer handles rotate (if dragged at right angles to their arms or
stretch/shrink if dragged along their arms. Shift drag to preserve aspect
ratio.

This type of control is simple and flexible. By changing the angle between the
arms, we can get linear (angle=0) and cylindrical (angle=180) styles. If the
arm is curvable, the gradient itself can be adjusted. By allowing more than
one handle on the arm, the gradient can accomodate more than one color.

Monsoon season is in full swing now. Direct fill will come in handy in
modeling clouds, rain drops and ripples :-).

Subbu