OT: Dolphin smalltalk giving up

Jan Hussaarts jan.hussaarts at h-itc.nl
Sat Aug 11 21:19:09 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

For a living I program in C# (VS2005) and VisualWorks Smalltalk. The
latter in v3.1 because of the pricing of new releases.
For fun I use Squeak and Smalltalk/X (from www.exept.de). Both are free
to use in commercial projects. Smalltalk/X (STX) is also still kept upto
date by Exept.
I am thinking of switching from VW Smalltalk to STX; perhaps that is an
alternative for you too.
STX runs on Windows and Linux, it has a good IDE, supports proper
OS-look and feel window-style and can be used for the development of Web
applications.

Kind regards,

Jan Hussaarts

*/Nothing/**/ endures but change/*