OT: Dolphin smalltalk giving up

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:27:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 04:20:21PM -0400, Bill Schwab wrote:
> At the risk of becoming a broken record: my complaints about the Squeak
> GUI are not about look, they are about feel.  I can sell funny looking,
> but I cannot sell clumsy.

Squeak is easy to get used to, so we usually forget what makes
it clumsy. The only things I can think of is using the Alt
(rather than Ctrl) key for modifiers (on Linux and Windows), and
the lack of support for one-click copy/paste (under X11). What
else bothers you about it? We are not conspiring to make a
clumsy user interface. I got used to the interface after 1 week
and never saw it as clumsy.

I want to know. Really. What don't you like?