OT: Dolphin smalltalk giving up

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sun Aug 12 12:39:19 UTC 2007

Jan Hussaarts wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I think you should give STX another try.
> It runs fine on Windows XP and Vista.
> Since Unix / Linux was always the preferred platform for Exept, I
> think that STX will run good on Ubuntu.
>
> Jan

Alas ST/X has its own problems. I have tried it some time ago and I take
a look at it from time to time.
Every time when I give it a new try it takes only some minutes to get
into the debugger when using its browsers.
The development takes place behind closed curtains and there seems to be
no progress anymore for quite some time.
And there is no community behind it. Its mailing list is very silent.

Andreas