Very bad about Squeak in blogosfere

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Mon Aug 13 12:04:02 UTC 2007

Andreas Raab a écrit :

> Indeed, one would hope so. Although, I'm not sure if we agree on what
> "two-way process" means here ;-) To me, it means that those projects
> both contribute as well as benefit. As it stands, it appears that most
> projects don't benefit at all from "mainstream" Squeak. I can't speak

May be it will be easier to see Squeak.org not as a place of innovation
but as a place to gather fixes, improvements, innovations coming from
other places as Croquet, Sophie, Seaside,... I think nobody working in
mainstream Squeak is paid for that, so it is not possible to expect from
there direct huge improvement and fast reactivity you can get from
people working in corporate and dedicated to this task.
In the other it will be disappointing if improvement/fixes done in
Sophie or Seaside forks can not flow easily in Croquet and vis-versa.
Organising free software community is probably very difficult, but if
well organised the benefice is huge for everyone using the software.