An idea, crazy or not? (Re: Very bad about Squeak in blogosfere)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 22:18:13 UTC 2007

Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Goran,
>
> I'd love to have such a tool! The only thing I'd like to stress is
> that in order to be usable by all the forks, it should not rely on too
> new or advanced features. And those requeriments should be well
> understood. For me to be able to use it, it should not
My immediate thoughts on this is that System Editor could be very useful
for this tool.

It is a standalone piece of code which models changes to the system, be
it adding, removing methods instvars.

When you have it populated you say #commit and it atomically loads the
changes in.

I also think that a populated SystemEditor instance would be capable of
generating its equivalent undo-SystemEditor, before committing.

Ok so it is new technology, but I think it could really give us what we
are looking for, without re-writing something with method definitions,
class definitions etc all over again.

Keith