about IPv6

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Tue Aug 14 07:12:58 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> Hi
>
> Browsing in the vm SVN repository I found some hints to IPv6 support
> (at least on UNIX). What's the status of this? IIRC the OLPC guys once
> said they'd probably gonna need it? Is an IPv6 address modeled as a
> ByteArray of size 16?

IPv6 support was added for the OLPC (Unix) VMs, the smalltalk support
code is in the OLPC image.
Ian did the new plugin, Bert and I did the image side work. Right now it
falls back on the old network code, if the ipv6 plugin isn't present.

IIRC Ian had planned to officially release and announce the plugin once
it is stable so other platform maintainers could catch up. Ian?

Michael