Mock-Framework for Squeak?

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:11:44 UTC 2007

(http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=SmallMock_-_Mock_Objects_for_Smalltalk&entry=3262072405)

> which seems to be outdated and not available any more.
>
> Have I missed something or are there really no mocks for Squeak?
>
> I thought of something like SMock
> (http://www.macta.f2s.com/Thoughts/smock.html).
>
> Thank you,
> Robert

Hi, Robert.

There are SSpec package in Squeak that includes mock-framework. It allow create
any behavior specifications with mock-objects. But it's based on string-message
names in expectations.

Last months I implemented mock objects framework in VisualWorks named
BehaviorMockup. It's based on explicit message sending in expectations like
Dolphin SMock but more powerful.
Bundles are available from Сincom public repository.
I have no time for porting it to Squeak and writing manual in english. If you
are interested you can see usage example in russion at
http://behaviormockup.googlepages.com/BehaviorMockup.htm. It is based on Martin
Fowler article about mock objects
(http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/mocksArentStubs.html).
Besides BehaviorMockupTesting Bundle containes many acceptance tests that show
all mock-DSL elements.

Sorry for my English.
Best regards,
Denis