[ANN] ViewPoints, was: Re: An idea, crazy or not?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 19:32:49 UTC 2007

On 14/08/07, Darius Clarke <socinian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm already start thinking about implementing some simple protocol for
> > interacting with public server. A message protocol can be very dumb
> > and straightforward, like:
> >
> > - list class log entries (class, start date , end date).
> > - list package log entries (package, start date , end date).
> > - fetch entry by id.
> > - add class log entry (date, author, type, contents)
> > - add package log entry(date, author, type, contents)
> >
> > a basic entry types can be:
> > - create topic
> > - add comment to specific topic
> > - add new delta (also creates topic)
> > - vote for entry (accept/reject) (you can vote , giving your approval
> > for some delta, or for someone's point of view).
> >
> > A voting is good to collect information about what people think of
> > given update. Then  admin/GOD/package maintainer can simply click
> > 'Approve' or 'Reject' a change. And all users will have a single
> > button 'Download approved changes'.
>
> Nice! Let me know when I can test it!

Here is pre--pre-pre...alpha snapshot:
 http://www.squeaksource.com/ViewPoints.html.
I didn't even run it once (too tired now)

Take a look and say what you like and what not, what to add , what to remove.
And/or add/remove yourself , i made repository open for write.

Any comments welcome from anyone.
This tool will serve for making comments and exchange them, so please
start doing this now :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.