Problem loading FFI

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Aug 16 19:06:57 UTC 2007

OK, Matthew jumped the gun a bit there.  The problem in fact had little
or nothing to do with SqueakMap.

First let me explain that the mysterious EOCD message is an unzipping
error message.  The SqueakMap client fetches some data and thinks it is
a SAR or MCZ or some other zipped content and blithely hands it over to
be unzipped, the unzipper barfs on it because in fact it is an HTTP
error message and not zipped at all.  So at best the complaint could be
here that the client does not properly check for HTTP error messages.

The root of this particular problem was in fact that the server FFI was
trying to fetch it's constituent packages from was down:
source.squeakfoundation.org.  I have now fixed this and successfully
test loaded FFI.  Please give it another try.

Ken

P.S. Where did you get a 7142 image?  I can't get past 7141.