pipe

Fabio Filasieno fabio.filasieno at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:36:23 UTC 2007

> Pick your battles, there's absolutely no reason to confuse the
> issue of
> adding a pipe with the issue of an existing feature the cascade.

The idea of the pipe came to me looking at the cascade ... (is very
little for me on Smalltalk)
And my view WAS I don't like the cascade, because I don't get
functional compositions.
So to me cascade and pipe where tightly liked.

I don't do battles but healthy discussions. And I LIKE to put it down
a bit provocative.
Being a bit provocative, if you just touch ideas and not people, the
effect is that
some noise comes out the number of posts grow, the community gets
interested
and something moves.

To me this is the good.

Of course, it can happened that some guys misunderstand the
intentions and react
to a personality that on mail appears different to what it is.

Now.

I did start an implementation of my pipe idea myself !

But others did better, and so fast !

The net result is:
1) Somebody now seem to like this pipe idea.
2) I learned what I can do with the cascade
3) Everybody got not one but more implementations

So no battles here. Just some good discussion, which from the
community point of view produces results.

Fabio