pipe

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:00:05 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, Fabio Filasieno <fabio.filasieno at gmail.com> wrote:

>  cascade operator.  You don't like it, but it still provides
> something that requires temporary variables to duplicate without it.
>
> ahaaaa ..... I didn't get temp thing right.

There we go. :)  I need to work on my communication perhaps. :)

> Don't know yet if I like it that way ...
> But now I see the point; and why somebody might prefer it that way.
> I wouldn't be so sure now on cutting the ";" cascade out now.
> I would say - but just now - that there is no pipe vs cascade thing.
>
> Thanks for ringing the bell ....

Thanks for being open to discussing it. :)  But I would really suggest
finding some project (something with a Seaside web site would be a
good one) of decent size and implementing it in Smalltalk.  There is
really nothing quite like this language and many things look a bit
different, and if you're open to it, extremely elegant when translated
to "the Smalltalk way".  I had many concerns about the language myself
when I first came here, but now I find I like the Smalltalk way the
best.