Pipe syntax and the current methods

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Aug 27 22:45:33 UTC 2007

OK, now I'm confused. <s>

I thought if you had:

a msg | msg1 | msg2

msg1 went to the object (we'll call it "b") returned by "a msg", and msg2
went to the object created by "b msg1". In other words, the equivalent of:

b := a msg.
c := b msg1.
c msg2.

But this to me:

>     highestNumberedChangeSet
>         "ChangeSorter highestNumberedChangeSet"
>         ^self allChangeSetNames asPipe
>             select:[:aString | aString startsWithDigit];
>             collect:[:aString | aString initialIntegerOrNil];
>             ifNotEmpty:[:list | list max]

seems more like:

b := a msg.
b msg1.
b msg2.

	Do I misunderstand? (And at what point does the potential for confusion
and ambiguity outweigh the feature?)

	===Blake===