pipe

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 28 01:03:40 UTC 2007

On Aug 27, 2007, at 9:16 , Igor Stasenko wrote:

> I can't consider pushing value on stack just for being
> popped after method returns as useful operation.
> Its simply waste.

It's actually called "encapsulation". The sender must make no
assumptions on what the receiver will do with your message.

If any, it's an optimization problem. An inlining jit compiler could
easily optimize these operations. From a system or language pov it's
way simpler to always assume a return value.

- Bert -