Squeak-dev image: no MP3 drops to World accepted

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 04:34:53 UTC 2007

On Mon August 27 2007, Jerome Peace wrote:
> Squeak-dev image: no MP3 drops to World accepted
>
> Hi brad in squeak 7137 (basic not dev) I’ve noticed
> that dropping projects on to the window sometimes will
> load the project and sometimes not. It seems very
> related to where I drop things.
>
> So I don't think the problem is specific to MP3 files.
>  It seems to me a mantis report is in order.
> Want to start one?

I've noticed that dropping an mp3 file on a flap will do nothing - which I
think is appropriate. Dropping an mp3 file on a system browser or some other
system window or a rectangle, (maybe any object) will treat the file as if
you dropped the file on the World. In other words, e.g., if you want to drop
a GIF file into a rectangle, you have to drop it anywhere first (which will
be on the World) and then drop it on the rectangle.

Now, I can't get it to fail. So, I might have been in wrong about that. If I
see it fail, I'll try to duplicate and write up a defect.

thanks!
brad