pipe and system building

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Aug 30 00:55:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 02:41:01 -0700, Fabio Filasieno
<fabio.filasieno at gmail.com> wrote:

>  From a first look at the collection libraries, it seems to me that
> there is a LOT of bloat. Really really a LOT.
> I bet that Ocaml's collections can do the same things with an order
> of magnitude of less of code.

Easy enough to demonstrate, at least for starters. Show us a particularly
bad example in Squeak and the same thing in OCaml. Then how you would
recommend Smalltalk change. Stephen and his pals redesigned the whole
collection system in traits to demonstrte their theory. (BTW, anyone know
how to turn traits visible in the browser?)