Morphic 3.0: The future of the Gui

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Thu Aug 30 06:21:21 UTC 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:04 PM, bradallenfuller at yahoo.com wrote:

>>> Another thought: I always wanted to be able to have _any_ object
>>> that communicates to the
>>> user to be a morph. This would be any graphic object, but also
>>> any video object, audio object,
>>> anything that deals with the senses of the user. What do you
>>> think about this idea?
>>

>> This is already so. see #asMorph message :)
>> You can build up any morph(s) for representing your object.
>
> I'm not referring to building a graphic object to represent a sound
> (for instance), I want to manipulate a sound or video just like I
> can a morph graphic object.

I'm interested...

What do you mean by this?  Do you want any object to be able to
provide a default graphical representation of itself and its
properties?  Do you want to inherit the morphs ability to #step?  Do
you want to give non-visual objects like sounds a position so that
you can hear them pan back and forth?

Josh