Experimental LinuxVM 3.9.12 (Re: Process>>terminate woes)

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Dec 5 18:24:59 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, den 04.12.2007, 16:40 -0800 schrieb Andreas Raab:
> Feedback is welcome, in particular from the usual suspects on vm-dev.

Got any stress test for a patched vm to test this?

FWIW I built a 3.9.12 linux vm based on the debian package from Matej
and the 3.9.12 sources from the svn repo. For easy patch creation I
changed the patch handling to dpatch. I applied the following patches:

10_configure
	recreation of configure

11_primitiveSuspend
	the proposed fix for primitiveSuspend (see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-December/123025.html)
	by Andreas Raab

15_biasToGrow
	fix biasToGrow (see http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6667
	for details) by John M. McIntosh

20_sym_link_patch
	fix symlinks on linux (see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-November/122485.html)
	by me

30_window_icon
	original patch by Matej Kosik

40_usage_builtin_modules
	this only adds a list of internal vm-plugins to the output
	(squeak-vm -h) to keep me sane switching between different vms

On a debian system you need to have these entries in your sources.list,
if you want to use apt-get for installation:

deb     http://ftp.squeak.org/debian/ stable main
deb     http://www.lazarevic.de/debian/ lenny main

As root or with sudo do:

apt-get update
apt-get install squeak-vm

To get rid of the vm just remove the last entry from the sources.list,
update and "downgrade" to the 3.9.8 version again.

Have fun,
  Alex

PS: No guarantees for nothing! :)