FileDirectory fun on XP

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Dec 5 23:28:06 UTC 2007

Hello,

	I'm having fun (for some definition of the word) manipulating files
and folders from my Squeak image.  I am attempting to use

		FileDirectory>>assureExistenceOfPath:

	to make sure the folder I currently need actually exists. On default
Windows XP installed, the "Simple file sharing" option is on, which
shows all folders as read only. Creating folders from the command line
works fine, but the DosFileDirectory>>primCreateDirectory: fails a lot
of the time. Walking through the process with the Debugger, I am able
to verify that the path names are all valid, and I can create the
folder in question from the cmd prompt, so I'm at a loss as to why
this fails.

Could anyone enlighten me on this?

- Brian