[3.8.2] UpdateCode from Server hangs Squeak and eats Memory

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 07:32:24 UTC 2007

Hello Michael,

MR> Is this a vanilla image? Any extra processes running?

No and not to my knowledge.

MR> The updates change Delay and Semaphore code, so race conditions are not
MR> unlikely.

I tested with several images (all non vanilla) and right now I dug up
a vanilla 3.8 and went through the several steps of upgrading.

The last step failed like described in my previous mail.

MR> Is the problem reproducable?

Yes also with the other images. What I don't do is save the image
inbetween.  I'll try now to save in the process and to gather other
evidence (unless someone comes and throws work at me).

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net