Ideas of gift :)

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Dec 6 08:53:28 UTC 2007

Hi guys

I'm happy to see that our book has been donwloaded 11708 times so far.
The french version is around 70% and apparently some people started a
translation in spanish. Excellent!
If you want to help please join, we can also offer svn hostings if
necessary.

Now we are discussing giving to squeakfoundation a part of the small
amount of money we make for the
printed version (but this is not too much and so far merely covered
the cost of ISBN and other).

What is important is that we would really like to make this book a
success to show that we do not need publishers
anymore and that a documentation may exist:

So you can do three things:
	- buy the book :). The quality of the printed version is quite good.
	- write new chapters (more costly) for the next volume
	- translate it to new languages.

Why this is important: because else people will not do it again and I
would like to have a case to show that this
is worht the energy (It is a dream because this took us for too much
time).

Stef

Stéphane Ducasse
USTL - LILF - CNRS UMR 8022 - INRIA
stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr

different? ...  especially if,  by doing something different, today