Ideas of gift :)

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:51:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 3:05 AM, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ofset.org> wrote:

> A real GREAT gift for Christmas will be to see Squeak relicensed!
>
> Will it be possible at least to get info about the actual situation?

We have been told about the actual situation.  The actual situation is
that to get a new license, the authors have to give permission.
Squeak has code from many authors.  It is taking a lot of time to get
the signatures, and they have pretty much quit coming in.  So, the
plan now is to rewrite all the code from authors who have not signed
the contributor agreement.  There is a list of this code somewhere.

If you want to see Squeak relicensed then perhaps you should volunteer
to work on rewriting the methods from authors who have not signed an
agreement.  First, of course, you should sign an agreement.

-Ralph Johnson