License rewrite (was Re: Ideas of gift :))

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 6 18:25:47 UTC 2007

On 6-Dec-07, at 9:21 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> It takes time. In particular Craig's. Kudos to him, and we are
> hopeful to report more progress soon.

I'll echo that; Craig has spent a lot of time working with SFLC and
much of the delay is due to them being busy. Since they're essentially
giving us something for free we cannot pressure them as one might if
we were paying.

If having the license finally sorted out is truly important to you -
anyone - then please offer assistance to help us get it solved sooner
rather than later. Offer to ferret out one or more of the missing
authors, or to rewrite some of the worrisome methods. It it is
important to your business, perhaps offering some bounty cash to
others to do rewrites might help.

tim
Useful random insult:- On permanent leave of absence from his senses.