Time seconds in 3.10

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Dec 8 22:13:34 UTC 2007

El 12/8/07 5:58 PM, "Jimmie Houchin" <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> escribió:

> Before Squeak 3.10
>
> Time now seconds.
>
> returned a SmallInteger.
>
> Now it returns a Fraction.
>
> This was discovered in Seaside when I was using 3.10 and encountered a DNU.
>
> I fixed what I thought was a bug in Seaside only to find it is the
> Squeak behavior that changed.
>
> But I am having difficulty finding the code that returns the Fraction in
> 3.10.
> Just trying to learn the behavior and difference between 3.10 and before.
>
> Philippe on the Seaside suggested this _might_ be a bug 3.10.
>
> Why the change and is this a bug? And any help showing me where the
> Fraction enters the picture, greatly appreciated. :)
>
> Thoughts.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jimmie

For 3.10gamma7159

This simulation took 0.0 seconds.
**Tree**
1 Time class>>now
  1 Time class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
    |1 Duration class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
    |  |1 SmallInteger(Number)>>fractionPart
    |  |1 Duration>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
    |1 Duration>>ticks
    |  |1 Duration>>days
    |  |1 Array class(ArrayedCollection class)>>with:with:with:
    |1 Time>>ticks:
  1 Time class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
    1 DateAndTime class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
      1 DateAndTime class>>millisecondClockValue
        1 DateAndTime class>>clock

**Leaves**
1 Duration>>days
          1 Duration>>ticks
1 DateAndTime class>>clock
          1 DateAndTime class>>millisecondClockValue
1 Time class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
          1 Time class>>now
1 Time>>ticks:
          1 Time class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
1 Duration>>ticks
          1 Time class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
1 DateAndTime class>>millisecondClockValue
          1 DateAndTime class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
1 Time class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
          1 Time class>>now
1 DateAndTime class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
          1 Time class>>milliSecondsSinceMidnight
1 SmallInteger(Number)>>fractionPart
          1 Duration class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
1 Duration class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
          1 Time class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
1 Array class(ArrayedCollection class)>>with:with:with:
          1 Duration>>ticks
1 Duration>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
          1 Duration class>>seconds:nanoSeconds:
1 Time class>>now
          1 UndefinedObject>>DoIt

'kph 12/9/2006 10:18 Time class now {ansi protocol

I DNU ?

Edgar