where to get "Sources" for squeak 3.10

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:57:05 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 1:03 PM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> 3.9 is the only one which can do without a changes file which will
> change as soon as we will have an official 3.9.1.
>
> So in this light and not confusing the newbies you are right.
>
> But already the part about possibly needing another image to follow a
> tutorial will not do without a changes file.

Good point!

> Trying to combine these informations in a single text I end up with
> something I would not want to present to newbies.
>
> So I'd suggest writing a text about the usual 4 files and adding that
> _only_ standard 3.9 will come without changes and create them as soon
> as necessary.
>
> And double click on the image doesn't work in Win.

Ah, my mistake. Perhaps it's best to remove that reference, as it's
already covered in the Installation page.

> Otherwise I'm all for it.
>
> See my attempt below. And somebody please verify I'm right about the
> changes.

The page looks a lot clearer now, but perhaps the Changes bullet point
could be improved - how about:

Changes file. The changes file holds the amendments caused to the
Sources as you create classes, develop new versions of methods and
execute code. Most images you use will have a changes file associated
with them; this changes file must be in the same directory as the
image file.

Thanks to everyone who improved on my first attempt today!