3.9 vs. 3.10 : Closures, fixTemps

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:15:32 UTC 2007

2007/12/19, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com>:
> Would you mind sharing what details you know about the current state
> of closures and what the trade-offs are using the NewCompiler?

The compiler itself works and can be loaded into 3.9 without problems.
Error messages are much improved and unlike your standard SmaCC error
messages. Performance is lower. There is a lot of work going on in the
decompiler and I don't know the exact state of this.

You should ask Marcus about what the current status exactly is. Or Klaus.

> And, do you know of any energy focused on improving the existing alternatives?

What alternatives?

Cheers
Philippe