Funny RFB / VNC display bug

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Dec 20 16:37:04 UTC 2007

A. because it makes further conversations hard to read
Q. why is top posting WRONG?

Igor> It seems that jolly do not takes a byte order in account, when
Igor> blitting received data.
Igor> I don't know, if VNC protocol having options to specify byte
Igor> order(little/big endian).

Igor> On 20/12/2007, Damien Pollet <damien.pollet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying RemoteFrameBuffer 34 from universes in a 3.10 image.
>> Connecting to it I get every other column swapped (screenshot
>> attached). I'm using Jolly as a client (
>> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25731/jollysfastvnc )

Can you try again with Vine?

    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11283/vine-server