OLPC Etoys

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Dec 22 23:42:04 UTC 2007

Been playing around on our OLPC laptops-- specifically with Etoys.
Can't figure out how to open a browser without resorting to tricks.

One of my tricks is to play around with a project in an attempt to
generate a DNU-- if you *try* to generate a DNU you can usually do it
pretty rapidly.

Then, once a DNU is generated, I can click "Debug", and that gives me
something that I can then type something like "Browser openBrowser" and
then doit.

Voila!  A normal Smalltalk browser appears.

But that is sure a sucky way to do it.

Anybody know of a "proper" way to open a class browser inside of Etoys
on an OLPC laptop?  Must be something obvious that I'm missing.

Nevin