SqueakSource is down again

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 12:03:06 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> Basically the stuff that made you choose Gemstone over Squeak.

I don't think you understand what made me choose Gemstone. There were
really two reasons for it: The first one is that Squeaksource doesn't
have a viable database solution for our loads. Gemstone does and it
works great. But the second one is just as important: Gemstone is a
vendor, this is a company that if anything goes wrong I can turn to and
ask them to fix it in return for money. Given that we're ramping up on
people the latter is perhaps more important than the former since I
don't know exactly how well Gemstone does scale - but I *do* know that
if we'd be outgrowing the box we're using now I can ask them to help us
fix it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas