[ANN] Hydra VM (multithreaded squeak VM) showing first results

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:09:15 UTC 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 10:24 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> i would like to make anyone know, what i have done during December in
> a collaboration with Andreas, for creating a VM, which can run
> multiple squeak images in separate native threads, running in
> parallel.

Hi Igor.

Good work! However, why are you doing this? Why is this better than running
multiple Squeak images on the same machine with different VMs? I'm not
understanding what the advantage is over forking off several VMs in the
usual way and using some fast inter-process communication between them (such
as shared memory, pipes or TCP/IP).

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg