HTTPClient that can return the http code, headers and response?

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Dec 25 18:35:13 UTC 2007

Danie Roux ha scritto:
> All,
>
> Is anyone aware of a HTTPClient that can return the following:
>
> - The HTTP code (404, 200 etc.)
> - The HTTP headers
> - The HTTP response
>
> ... and also supports the HTTP methods DELETE, OPTIONS and HEAD.
>
> The standard HTTPClient throws away all that and just return the HTTP
> response as a string.

Hi Danie,

here are the instructions to install the libCurl Plugin, plus some
modifications I've made to make it support custom headers:

	http://blogs.corriga.net/giovanni/archives/tags/curlplugin

Many posts in my Restful Web Services in Squeak series can be used as
examples for using libCurl.

	Ciao,

		Giovanni