Squeak VM stability?

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Sat Dec 29 07:21:00 UTC 2007

It shouldn't be difficult to verify the "well-formedness" of compiled
methods without the overhead of a complete recompilation.    As with
Mathieu's suggestion, this can be done once at load-time so that there
is no performance penalty at run-time.

It seems like ByteSurgeon (http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Research/ByteSurgeon/
) might be the right tool for the task; perhaps someone more familiar
with it can comment?

Josh