Making Squeak more accessible and used - reversing the trend

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:13:57 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I'm new in this list, at least as a writer... I'd been reading the posts for
awhile and I'm very interested in squeak development... and yes, I would
like to see squeak all around the world, not being used just for a few
developers.
I totally agree with Milan, the key is to atract more developers to Squeak
world... and through them to the managers :)
Ok, then... this days, many software applications are web applications. In
fact, it has been several  years  since I develop a "normal" application (of
course, It's just my life, but I think many programmers could say the same),
so, I really believe that Seaside is the killer framework for web
applications... and I think throug Seaside (and developing new tools and
components to harness it ) we can "conquer the web".
Another thinks I think we need:
a) better ORMs to propietary data bases, particularly Oracle and MSSQL: ODBC
is not really a good way to do this, because our applications get tied to
Windows.
b) a better system to distribute objects (rST?), or better: a way to connect
images running so we can cluster web applications in the easy way.

Thats my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Esteban

pd: I'm very sorry if this is no news or not interesting for the members of
the list... I'm new and don't know older debates.
ppd: I know... my english sucks, so, I'm sorry for that to.

--
"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.