SqueakMap - SMMaintainableObject?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 1 20:00:09 UTC 2007

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Todd Blanchard wrote:
> > I've got a brand new 3.8 image and tried to update SqueakMap.  It
> > wants SMMaintainableObject.
> >
> > What do I tell it?
> I would empty my sm folder first or begin in a fresh directory. I think
> Goran would have a more elegent solution.

Yes. :) Don't wipe the sm folder (and if you ever do that - just wipe
the map*.sgz files - not the package cache).

Instead evaluate: "SMSqueakMap bootStrap"

This will upgrade SqueakMap in the image to the current version.

The problem is that the code in the image is older than the ImageSegment
that you currently have in the "sm" dir.
And unfortunately SqueakMap doesn't detect this. The reason btw is that
you probably run several images in the same dir - which is fine, but you
might need to do the above doit in non upgraded images to get it
working.

regards, Göran