Finding out how many displays attached to computer (Sophie? Ffenestri?)

David Faught dave.faught at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 02:43:22 UTC 2007

Joshua Gargus wrote:
>I want to use OSProcess to launch a VNC server.  If multiple monitors
>are attached to the computer, I want the VNC server to display the
>monitor that Squeak is not on (I'll need to generate the appropriate
>command-line argument from within Squeak).  Has anyone (Sophie?
>Ffenestri?) done any work to make Squeak aware of how many displays
>are available, and which one Squeak is running on?
>
>The desired platforms are (in order of decreasing importance)
>Windows, OS X, and Linux.

I have used VNC server on a Windows machine with 2 displays with the
desktop extended across both displays.  When the VNC client attaches
to this server, it gets a full desktop-size display, covering both
displays from the server, within a scrollable window.  I don't know if
there is a way to change this behavior to do exactly what you want.