improving the quality of the image

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:13:44 UTC 2007

Couldn't we remove the failing tests and put them in a sort of "unstable",
since presumably they are like a task list of things that we want to work at
some point?

There should be no failing tests in a stable release.  If you *want* your
test to fail, then just reverse the assertion so it is a green test when it
works the way it should.  And for tests that fail if something is not
present, can't the test check if what ever it is actually is present first?

Of course you could keep the failing tests in the stable image if you can
put them in a selection like "future work" or something that doesn't show up
unless you turn it on.  Otherwise deleting sounds ok to me.  For the sanity
of any release team, red *has to* mean broken.