What would it LOOK like? (from Adult E-toys last paragraphs).

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 21:57:16 UTC 2007

What would it LOOK like? (from Adult E-toys last
paragraphs).

Hi James,

These sound like good idea's.

What would your lists look like? (Before and After and
maybe During?)
What would the book (and its pages) look like?

Why don't you see how much you can mock up the way
these would look.
(Just assemble morphs etc. ) to give a visual
impression of what it would look like.
Lots can be done just in morphic with the direct
manipulation of things and without any programming.

Get a clearer specification.  Then write about it
and maybe attach some of the pictures to the email.

Snapshots don't actually have to behave they just have
to look like they might.

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace

>One way in which this type of environment could be
useful to the layperson
>(and I have many more ideas which I'll save for a
later date) would be the
>types of things that people generally use (and abuse)
spreadsheets for.
>For example, if we had a list that we could pull from
a flap and then could
>produce a tile that sums all the elements or have a
'collect' tile that
>could be used to make a little script to add 15% to
the values and populate
>a new list... These morphs (or tweaks) could be
embedded into a bookmorph
>(booktweak?) and easily presented in an attractive
manner. One could even
>use the animation capabilities that etoys already has
to create motivational
>aids - a small drawing of an athlete who will reach
the finishing line at
>the other side of the screen if the numbers add up
right (those numbers
>could be your weight, the money you've earned, the
amount of cigarettes
>you've smoked..)
>Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have thought about the
dynabook and about
>adult etoys and fantasised about what it could do. I
just worry, maybe
>unjustly so that squeak is being developed by such
competent programmers
>that the needs or wants of people like me who aren't
programmers or maybe
>have it as a hobby gets overlooked. I think that an
adult etoys environment
>would be the killer app (environment or whatever you
would call it) for
>squeak.
>Many thanks to all of you for such an amazing piece
of software,