[From the soapbox:] Update stream are essential!!!

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Feb 6 23:12:14 UTC 2007

Jerome Peace wrote:
> Look at how fast the OPLC team develops improvements
> and look at the level of feedback they get.
>
> Now compare that with the glacial pace of the squeak
> image.

I don't think this has anything at all to do with updates or Monticello
- just with the fact that some of the smartest and most efficient
Squeakers in the world put full-time effort into building a first-class
eToys experience on OLPC. Or do you really expect the (largely
unorganized) Squeak.org community to be able to effectively compete with
a small, dedicated group of people focusing on a specific project? In my
experience that ain't going to happen. Vision, focus, execution.

Cheers,
   - Andreas